Reseñas - Reviews

5/04/2014

Review: Obsidian, Lux


★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 
The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is.



OPINION:
I saw the book for the first time in (what a coincidence) a book review blog and the description caught me.

The book has little details; I'm sure everyone thinks "Oh Daemon and Katy will fall in love and everything will be unicorns and rainbows" and believe me, it is not.
This story is different from the typical love triangles or cliches and if you are looking for a story with unicorns and rainbows, this is not for you. But hey, I'm not saying is not romance, it is, but the problem has a name: Daemon Black.

Daemon is not the typical, hmm how to say? Gentleman. Daemon is arrogant, egocentric, moody, sexy, excellent physical shape ... wait, what I was saying?
Daemon, at first, was an idiot. Hey, I’m not saying that he isn't an idiot after, Daemon is and it will be an idiot forever (my favorite idiot).

Katy and Daemon are what I would call an explosive couple. Together they are just discussions and insults. That could become love?
Katy is not the kind of girl that stay in silent. And Daemon ...... well, it's Daemon.


 A lot of romance, comedy, action and aliens ... all in one: Obsidian, LUX series.

Q: Why did Daemon go to school?
A: To get brighter! HAHAHAHAHAHA emmmm yeah, i really need friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment